Monday, November 30, 2009

Blargh (I need sleep)

I finished my nature writing project. At 2:30 in the morning.

I didn't even start on the 8-12 research paper that was due today, but luckily only two people did. I was way too tired to think about doing homework, so I decided I'll do the paper for next week.

Despite my exhaustion, today was a good day. In Ecology me and Jade finished our projects, in Public Policy we watched the first hour of Sicko (it's sooo good), and in Nature Writing we presented our projects. Absolutely one of my favorite lines by Ralph Waldo Emerson is "All the thoughts of a turtle are turtle."

Then Solutions went really well. We addressed two cases, one of them being anonymous about Coalton's sexual comments making people uncomfortable and it was such a mystery to not know who sent it in!

Then we brought in some kids that we talked to a couple weeks ago and apologized for the way we spoke to them. (Even though it was really only Rhiannon's fault, she just let her personal opinions slip out) So I smile at them, and Cody walks over to me and starts rubbing my head and neck/back while Nathan the teacher is lecturing about being positive. It was so weird, it went on for a few minutes while his girlfriend just stared at him. It was really funny in retrospect, but at the time I didn't know how to react, especially after they left and Landon asked "So did anybody else just see that creeper move?" haha

LEAP night is this Wednesday! It's from 6:00-8:30/9:00-ish. Anyone is welcome to come, it's like an open house combined with student presentations to show what we've learned this session, since we don't have midterms and finals. I have classes tomorrow, and then the rest of this week is preparing for LEAP night, doing narratives and portfolios, and signing up for the next session's classes, because Monday is the start of the new session. (Which means I won't have to clean the kitchen anymore!!!)

If you guys come to LEAP night I can show you who everyone is and you'll finally have a name to a face when I mention them! It'd be great if you guys wanted to check it out, even if only for a few minutes, but I'm not forcing you into anything. However if you do come I'll make you scrumptious cookies. And cake.

And I'll recite the Shoes song from memory and dedicate it to you.

(Pwease?)

Lots of love,

Sara

2 comments: