Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mah first LEAP night! :)

I was at the school for eleven and a half hours straight today. That's almost half the day! I got there early (8:30) because I was one of the four kids who figured out who was presenting where (or as Coalton would say "where they were presentatin'!") for LEAP night. Landon decided I'd be good in the common room with Jade, Joey, and Nick. They're three of my favorite people in the school, so that was wonderful! It was such a dilemma trying to figure out where to put Connor, he would complain no matter where we put him because he's just so pessimistic, so we stuck him with Dillon (who's grateful for anyone), Zeb (who's learned to just deal with him), and Noah (because there wasn't any room left for him...)

Since we did feedback teams before it started, we actually got out an hour early. I got to show Alienor around the school and introduce her to some peeps. Thanks for coming, Ali-chan!!

I spent about six hours getting everything ready for my presentation, from making a portfolio to sorting through papers to writing a personal statement that everyone was confused about. Even though it was a lot of work, today was so much fun! I got to talk to lots of people for most of the day, but the main four were Will, Zeb, Nick, and Gordy. They're really cool people. :) Today was just such a blast!

On Sundays the church uses our school, and sometimes they leave their stuff lying around accidentally. There was a bible on the table today with really thin pages outlined in gold, and Zeb said "This is sick! I want this, well actually I just want the pages. They're so thin, you can role them up easy and they burn real slow..." He said he wanted to steal the bible. I thought that was funny in an ironic, kind of messed up way.

I read an essay that I wrote about the time Sophie saved my life. Some people came up to me afterwards and told me I did a good job, even though I know I'm a horrible public speaker. It was so nerve-wracking! There were at least fifty people in the audience, but it's a lot easier when they're your friends instead of just your classmates.

Joey had her boyfriend read her pick-up lines review, it was hilarious the way Cody presented it. It was supposed to be coming from a girl's point of view, and Cody's just a really funny guy in general. Speaking of which, just a few more days of cleaning the kitchen!!

And with LEAP night (btw that stands for Learning by Exhibition and Performance) marks the end of session 1. Tomorrow we'll be writing our narratives and on Friday we'll be working on our portfolios. Since we stayed so long at school today (even though it was mostly just us having fun) we get to start school at 10 tomorrow and Friday is a half day. And then session 2 starts on Monday!! The year is going by so fast...

Does it not feel like December to anyone else? Maybe it's the whole "no snow" thing.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have gone..

    I know what you mean! I can't believe my semester is over in 2 weeks, it's crazy.

    ReplyDelete