Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ballroom Dancing and my spectacular dreamish-nightmare thing

Yesterday was Coalton's birthday. I was positive he was going to ditch ballroom dancing class and I was going to awkwardly have to steal Sara's boyfriend Josh for a partner every few minutes. Coalton was very close to bailing, but in the end he stayed I didn't feel guilty about anything. He's a way better dancer than Josh anyway. :)

Already on a tangent, I must say that Sara and Josh remind me so much of Lily Evans and Snape. Sara is a naturally beautiful red-head and a strong person (in a passive way). Josh is the school's scapegoat who gets made fun of in a joking way often, plus he's a rather severe person. Everything is his fault, no matter what, and Sara is always vouching for him. "He wouldn't do that," "He wasn't there when that happened," "No he didn't," etc. Sara can do so much better than him...

At dancing class Coalton can't control his ADD anymore than he can in a normal situation. He regularly spaces out and starts jumping around. At one point our teacher, Jane, scolded him for not paying attention and he mumbled, "Sorry, I was just smelling my armpit..." And then seeing him sing and dance to "Man! I Feel Like a Woman!" was hysterical.

Overall last night was very productive, and I admired Coalton for staying for dance class even on his 16th birthday. That was very professional of him.

Rosie has felt threatened ever since the puppies arrived. She's been stealing herself away into the depths of my room, for what reason I'm not sure. It's the only room in the house that doesn't get heat in the winter and AC in the summer, but she likes it anyway. Little, white hairs cover my blankets and any clothes I accidentally place there.

Rosie likes to knead her paws into your stomach when you're trying to fall asleep. It's quite painful, especially when she uses her claws, so I try not to sleep around her. Last night, however, was horrible.

I had just finished reading the whomping willow chapter of the second Harry Potter book before turning out the lights. At least once every hour during the night she would continue her painful, pawing practices on my stomach, and I started dreaming that the whomping willow was punching me and I was going to die. Needless to say, I got very little sleep, but I guess it was worth it to get a few chuckles from eager story-listeners.

Today in Public Policy we talked about the health care reform bill. Even though it excludes abortion, I believe we need this. Maybe in the future we can make it better, but for now this change will be good. I really want to see this movie:


It's a Michael Moore film, so obviously there's gonna be bias, but I still like him. Capitalism: A Love Story was soooo good, I cried for hours at how horribly our country is run.

I really wish everything wasn't all about money...

Lots of love,

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment