Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgivin'!

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=111529

That's totes my school! Zach's a little slow, so we were all very pleasantly surprised he did such a great job being interviewed. Marylyn toned down her craziness for the camera, and Coalton wasn't nearly as ADHD as usual.

Today was fabulous, and it was a real treat to see so much of the family. Since the feud started I didn't think I'd ever see Amy (my almost 40-year-old cousin) set foot in this house, and then due to recent events involving my estranged, deceased grandfather's will, I thought we'd stay a broken family forever.

But what really amazed me was seeing my parents sitting next to each other at the table. They didn't even argue a whole lot. I don't think anybody noticed (maybe you did Alienor) but I cried a little bit. I couldn't believe how happy everyone was. The holiday gave us all an excuse to let our guards down and be joyful. To love and be loved in return.

My mom's family is certainly one of the most dysfunctional families I could ever dream of. It was astounding to see my parents, uncles, aunt, cousin, and second cousins sitting around the dining table talking as if nothing was wrong and forgetting about all their hatred for each other, if only for one night.

This is why I want to give thanks, because to experience this coming together is more valuable than any amount of food could possibly be worth. I'm not sure who to thank, though, it was really an effort on everybody's part.

Travis and Cathy stopped by after dinner. I hadn't seen him in months, and reminiscing with him and Alienor for what seemed like ten minutes turned out to be five hours. It was fantastic, I loved every second of it.

I really value all of the wonderful people in my life. Everyone is so special, I don't know what I did to deserve such a great group of friends and family. I think right now is a good point in my life. I'm healthy, I'm learning, and I'm happy. And hopefully I'm making others happy, too.

Happy Thanksgiving guys! Only a few weeks until Christmas. Jessie and co. are gonna try to make it up here for xmas. When are we gonna get snow? We can't have peeps from South Carolina fly all the way up here and not get to see snow...

Love and light,

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment