Saturday, November 7, 2009

Rap, Disneyworld, and Adoption (Typical)

Recently I've grown a fondness for rap.

I used to just think "oh they can write that song on garageband in an hour. There's no real depth."

But now I've grown some kind of filter, and a new appreciation. I listen to these songs that are so negative I don't know why I'm not crying. They're filled to the brim with cursing, blood, death, racism, guns, rape...but I can't help it. I listen anyway.

Leaving the Past- Immortal Technique

It's currently my favorite song. I guess it's more like underground hip-hop.

It turns out several people at TNS listen to Immortal Technique. Zeb first showed them to me, then whenever I would go into the computer lab there'd be five or so people singing along to Dance with the Devil. I usually don't finish that one...haha

I wish Disneyworld wasn't in Florida. That state is so...augh. First the controversy in the 2000 election where Gore won the popular vote but Bush won, and now this. Plus, it's just a bunch of old people. haha

I'm doing my research paper on same-sex couple adoption. In Florida you can't adopt if you're gay. Vermont's one of the four states that specifically allows homosexuals to adopt. I always knew Vermont was a cool place. They're the home of Circus Smirkus. :) :) :)

I love tangents. So much.

2 comments:

  1. I just tried to look up the lyrics to Dance With the Devil and, while using a site I often go to, my browser crashed. I wonder if that says something about the song? xD

    ReplyDelete